Dear Loleta Families!
Happy Holidays!!! We hope this letter finds you well and enjoying your time off! We recognize how trying these days of Covid have been and wish to reassure you that we are here for you and your children in any way possible!
The most important piece of information today is to let you know that after listening to families, staff and community members, the Board has voted to go to 100% Distance Learning after the Thanksgiving week holiday. We are doing this in cooperation with Dr. Teresa Francovich’s strong recommendation that was sent to all schools last week requesting two weeks of a “pause” (or quarantine) after each holiday due to the dangers of Covid transmission caused by travel exposure from our populations. Our 100% DL will continue through the Winter holiday, two weeks beyond that for another quarantine period with in-person school resuming using our hybrid method on Tuesday January 19th after the Martin Luther King Holiday. We know this is a hardship. But for the safety and health of our students and your families, we feel it is the best decision and we have tremendous community input supporting this. Distance Learning will include packets again as in the spring. We will be exchanging homework packets to all Loleta areas on Thursdays!
The following is the cafeteria’s food delivery schedule:
● Mon/Fri: No delivery
● Tue: Cafeteria Pick up available for those students who live close to school. LES staff members, and Rainbow Junction pick up will be between 11 and 12 (noon). Table Bluff/Wiyot area will be between 1:00 – 2:00 pm.
● Wed: Bear River will have food delivered between 1:00 – 2:00 pm
● Thurs: Loleta areas between 1:00 – 2:00 and students outside of Loleta to be determined on the day.
A few points for celebration! The Kindergarten playground is under construction with new play structures and activities coming! New curriculum in English Language Arts with Spanish translation is coming! All students are now 1:1 chromebooks to students! We have new basketball backstops! Every student has their own ball! Santa Claus is still coming to Loleta during the week of December 14th! Each child will receive a gift from Santa, delivered on their food day!!!
Notices from the Loleta Community Resource Center!
● Please sign up for the Food Box and Gift program! They will be providing gifts for teens and other students in the family not enrolled in Loleta!
● Vaccinations will be provided for free downtown in the park on December 17th from 2:30 – 4:30.
More information will be provided on our website at https://loletaschool.org For now, please stay safe and we ask that you please reconsider traveling outside the county as the CDC and our public health officers have requested so we can decrease the covid spread and get in person learning going again. December will be host to two Board meetings! December 10 and December 17. Please visit our website for more information.
Autumn and the Loleta staff!